Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Happy 1st Anniversary Happy Stripes!

 

More than a year ago, I was in Bangkok for my monthly vacation due to travel ban to Yemen caused by Arab Spring. When my family, less our eldest kid, visited me at Bangkok I brought them to Platinum Mall and other Bangkok's shopping areas such as Pratunam Market, MBK Mall, Chatuchak Market and Khao San Road Night Market.

It was during that time that my daughter got an idea of putting up an online shop for ladies wear. Actually, she and her high school friends were planning to put up an online shop for ladies accessories but for some reasons it didn't materialize.

We had a trial sales blitz last summer and our initial capital of 200 USD was immediately recovered in few weeks.

Come June 2012, my company allowed me to take my vacation in Philippines since the travel ban to Yemen has been lifted by our government. The following months, wife and I flew to Bangkok several times to buy ladies apparel with bigger budget; and as they say, the rest is history.

Recently, we searched for trendy Korean and Japanese dresses from Hong Kong and our effort has already borne fruit thus Happy Stripes has now two great sources of its merchandises. Its main market remains the collegiate ladies but we have some clients outside this age bracket as well. We have shipped our dress to as far as Mindanao and Visayas areas but most of our on-line sales are within MM; catering mainly to Diliman and Katipunan studes. There was even a clamor for men's wear but we decided to stick with ladies apparels.







We joined our first commercial bazaar at Elements at Centris recently and we learned many things from this experience hence, we are now bent on joining several bazaars in the near future. We are in fact aiming to join bigger bazaar this coming Christmas Seasons. For the meantime, Happy Stripes is now at UP College of Education's Power Up Bazaar.









For the coming year, our aim is mainly to strengthen our exposure to online marketing world and introduce ladies accessories as well. Looking far ahead, we plan to put up a small but trendy shop in a shopping mall in MM if budget permits. Likewise, Happy Stripes having its own brand is also a possibility in the near future.

I am lucky that my daughter has developed several marketing strategies she learned from UP which greatly helped our sales aside from her immense interest on latest fashion wear. With the help of her Mom, my daughter aims to achieve her dream of establishing her own fashion house in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment