Saturday, January 5, 2013

My Vigan Home Hotel - Vigan City

My Vigan Home Hotel during Christmas
We planned our first visit to Vigan City as early as November; we decided to celebrate Christmas Day at the Heritage City. Surprisingly, being accustomed in booking our previous hotel accommodation through internet, many well recommended hotels in Vigan City were not accepting or didn't have any on-line booking facility. They even refused to reply to my email such as Grandpa's Inn. I tried my luck with "My Vigan Home Hotel" after reading a blog about this hotel. Fortunately, My Vigan Home Hotel replied to my inquiries through their FB page; they simply asked for a partial deposit of 2,000 pesos to their account. Upon confirmation of our deposit they sent immediately the hotel voucher through my FB.

I booked a family room for one night for 5 adults with free breakfast and wifi for 3,750 pesos.  I paid the balance upon check-out. Added treat was the secured parking area inside the hotel's compound.

The room is quite huge with two double beds and one extra bed; there is only one T&B though with working hot shower. In addition, electric kettle, two bottled water and two coffee mixes are provided in our room. It is worth to mention that my wife and I fell in love with the old furnitures and cabinets of the hotel though my kids found them creepy.

The beds are quite comfortable while towels are fluppy; basic toiletries are provided as well.

HOTEL SHOTS

Ground Floor

Dining Area

Living Room with small balcony overlooking the road

The place seems to be an old house converted into hotel. The hotel's antique wooden furniture was a sight to behold while during night time the external Christmas lighting was equally awesome.

The place is right in the middle of the action. The hotel is just a stone throw away from Calle Crisologo and walking distance to Burgos Plaza, Cafe Leona, Max's Restaurant, Greenwich, Uno Grille & Cafe Uno (Grandpa's Inn) and convenience shop. It is also 10 minutes drive to Baluarte.

BREAKFAST



You can select your complimentary breakfast. Aside from the usual coffee, I chose Tapsilog while my wife and kids asked for Longsilog. Unfortunately, my family didn't like the Vigan Spicy Longanisa while I loved their Beef Tapa.

The hotel staffs are superb; after check-in they helped us with our bags and trolleys. They even informed us how and where we can avail the famous "Calesa Tour." On our second day, I need to buy a new tire since my rear right tire blew when we were traversing Santol, La Union. One of their staff instructed where I can buy a replacement tire. Moreover, after coming back to hotel with a new set of tire, I need to rotate all the newer tires to the front side for safety reason. In doing so, Tito (if my memory serves me right) assisted me. He was a big help since it was not easy to remove and rotate 3 tires.

I am glad that we are able to stay in this hotel. Room price could be steep but considering that it was peak season and the convenience of staying in the middle of the Heritage City, I would definitely consider this hotel if an opportunity to visit Vigan City again would arise.

Finally, we noticed several celebrities who have visited this hotel as well such as Manny Pacquiao, Miguel Zubiri and Coco Martin, to name a few.





To check our complete travel journal: Road Trip to Ilocos (Vigan/Laoag/Pagudpud) 

No comments:

Post a Comment