Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Millenium Hotel, Abu Dhabi

Few weeks back, I was in Abu Dhabi for a semi-business trip.

I was elated upon learning that I was booked in Millenium Hotel due to great feedback about this hotel from my colleagues and friends. Further, I was brought here many years back by my Arab friend to watch an Egyptian belly dancer at their Moroccan bar. That was the first time I watched a live belly dance performance. However, this time around it is not included in my itinerary since I have only 6 USD, 5 Dhs, 30 HKD and 1000 pesos in my wallet. Not even enough to pay for the bar entrance, LOL.

Millenium hotel is located at Khalifa Street next to Hamdan Street, the main road in the middle of Abu Dhabi city. Cinema, restaurants, fast food joints and shopping centers are all within walking distance.

Checked in was a breeze. I was personally attended by a Filipina in their Front Desk and handled a card key with internet password. By the way, I requested for a room facing Abu Dhabi Corniche.

The first thing I did upon entering my room was to check the view. It was fantastic. That was the first time I saw Abu Dhabi Corniche from afar.

My thickly carpeted room is huge and has 2 double beds. For a big family, you can book two inter-connecting rooms with access door in between them.

Funny thing is that the minibar has a plastic tie wrap on top; it will break once you open it. I remember in one of my previous hotel experiences, I took some choco bars due to my midnight hunger pang from the minibar and replaced them the following morning. I can't do that here, lol.

On top of that, there is also a small electronic safe inside the walk-in closet. Likewise, extra pillows and bathrobe are also readily available inside.

Fast WIFI and professional housekeeping service has made my experience truly enjoyable.

ROOM SHOTS

very comfy and warm beds
I love the wide screen with countless cable channels


daily water, coffee and tea supply
and the complimentary amenities and spacious toilet



The best part of my stay in this hotel is the dining experience. Like any 5 star hotel, it is fine dining at their lobby restaurant.

I love their salad and dessert bars. Never mind the main courses since I am watching my diet, LOL.

They have also a bread cart where you'll find freshly baked pastries, unfortunately I am not a bread fanboi, either.





During my stay, they had a Filipino & Moroccan theme for that day hence I had a "Chicken Asado" for lunch and tenderloin cooked as "Beef (Steak) Tagalog" for dinner. The "Beef Tagalog" was superb.

After 3 days, it was time to leave. Don't ask me how much the hotel rate because it was paid by the company but obviously, considering the facilities and services, this hotel commands a premium daily rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment