Friday, July 20, 2012

Circuit Hotel Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Agoda billed me 54 USD for 3 nights stay in standard single room with free breakfast and wifi. I stayed in this hotel from 27 Feb to 01 March 2012. Upon arrival at Phnom Penh city by bus, I asked the tuk-tuk driver to bring me to street 154 where Circuit hotel is located. I paid 2 USD for the trip.

 

Circuit hotel is conveniently located at the center of Phnom Penh city. It is 5 minutes walk from Sorya Mall and from this mall you need another 5 minutes to reach Central market. At the hotel's doorstep, you can easily find tuk-tuks, be aware though that you need to haggle when going to far places such as The Killing Fields and S21. For nearby places such as Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda or Sisowath Quay be ready to shell out at least 2 USD otherwise, it will take you around 45 minutes of walking.

My windowless tiled room was small while T&B was tiny as well. The shower and toilet share the same area thus the entire T&B gets wet whenever you take shower.


 

Upon entering my room, I was glad to see a small electronic safe and personal ref since I don't normally see them in some budget hotels. However, I found out later that both of them were not working, they were merely props, LOL. Additionally, beddings and towels have seen their days.

The plus sides, the wifi was fast inside my room and strong hot shower. The restaurant at the second floor serves several set menu for breakfast which includes local dishes such as rice noodles. I loved their local noodles and fried rice. Moreover, I used to take my dinner here since the price was cheap while food and presentation was great.

 

Since I was in DIY tour, I found the reception desk staffs very helpful in providing details and information about the different touristy places. I even booked my bus trip to Siem Reap from them.

It is worth mentioning that in front of this hotel is a mini shopping and leisure area where you can find many small shops and restaurants. I found this place safe even at night and teeming with tuk-tuk drivers waiting for tourists. There is food court at the middle of this area; it becomes alive during night time. You'll find eateries, bars and karaoke around the food court.

I stayed in this hotel on last days of February 2012. At that time, construction was on-going nearby thus you would hear some hammering or thud sounds during daytime. I remember seeing a western couple hurriedly leaving the hotel due to the noise; they just arrived in the hotel. When night time comes; it is a different story, I used to view the city from the small balcony at the end of the hallway. The city view was stunning since there were less skyscrapers yet in Phnom Penh city

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Why is it that your room is different from the pictures in Agoda? I booked a standard single room at Circuit Hotel last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the norm, the hotel facilities look better and bigger on the net, spec in Agoda and other hotel booking sites.

    ReplyDelete